Teenagers are often excluded from meaningful and interactive volunteer opportunities due to their age.
Underprivileged children all over Atlanta are deprived of critical life-enhancing experiences that allow them to celebrate and be celebrated.
What we do:
- Mentor 25 Atlanta teens through our annual Leadership Training Program and teach fundraising, public speaking and project management skills
- Provide advocacy and awareness training on issues relating to homelessness; and
- Plan on-site programs at local shelters to provide social and educational activities in which our volunteers and guests can meaningfully interact with each other.
Every December, our teens host Amy’s Holiday Party, their capstone project after a year of learning and logistical planning.
At Amy’s Holiday Party, now in its 19th year, we:
- Engage over 250 teen volunteers for a day of meaningful, hands-on service;
- Provide a celebration for more than 700 underprivileged children and their families;
- Partner with over 30 homeless shelters, foster care and refugee centers in Atlanta
- Plan a carnival with prizes, craft project, pictures with Santa, and a dance with a DJ;
- Serve over 1,000 lunches; and
- Distribute over 2,000 brand new gifts in our ‘Toy Store.’
Every year Amy’s Holiday Party and our other programs (teen dances, sports clinics, outdoor festivals) expand in scope and participants as CCC further develops its mission of training young community leaders. There is an evident need for this type of work.
We encourage you to get involved today!