At Creating Connected Communities, our mission is to enhance the lives of children in need by developing our next generation of community leaders and volunteers. Our annual programs, including an after-school program, Spring Festival, two Summer Festivals, Fall Festival, Teen Bash, and Amy’s Holiday Party, serve 1,800 children in need and provide more than 700 volunteer opportunities for Atlanta teens.
Through these programs, children receive thousands of gifts and meals. They participate in outdoor festivals, carnivals, craft projects, DJ dance parties, and more — all under the leadership of teen volunteers. The Jewish teens in our Leadership Development Program plan and implement our events while learning about community outreach, fundraising, and project management from young adult mentors. These teens work collaboratively with their peers, create friendships, and gain valuable life-long leadership skills.
Check out what we accomplished together in 2016!
- 1,800 children in need celebrated at our programs
- 700 teens connected through meaningful volunteer experiences
- 650 committed individual donations
- 64 Jewish teens each spent 30 hours serving in the Leadership Development Program
- 46 corporations and foundations sponsored our work
- 36 long-term financial gifts were made via Sacks Society donors
- 22 teens chose to work with us for their mitzvah projects
Great things are ahead in 2017!
We’ve set our sights on some big goals in 2017, including:
- Expanding our Leadership Development Program to include 75 teens
- Creating two new programs for additional communities in need
- Hosting more awareness events to teach more teens and community members about our work